Hey! It’s time for the annual book giveaway! This is a contest! It’s a stupid-easy contest! Exclamation points!!!
ETA! Deadline has been pushed to the end of February, as I didn’t have any time to properly promote this contest.
Last year, GIMME BOOK 2014 saw copies of Digital Divide and Maker Space go to good hands. This year will be copies of State Machine and Greek Key. There are nine books available: like last year, I’ll do three contest categories, where the second-prize winner gets a copy of Greek Key and the first-prize winner gets a copy of both books.
How does this work? Write Gimme Book! on a Post-It note (or off-brand equivalent), take a photo of it, and send it to me.
Wait! You say. That sounds too easy!
Yes! I reply. That’s the point!
Wait, I did mention the three categories, right? Okay. When you send in your photo, be sure to tell me which category to put it in.
CATEGORY 1: MOST BORING
This photo has to glow with your complete and utter lack of fucks. As an example, here is a photo of my dog’s butt:
This photo probably wouldn’t win. There’s a nice lighting effect from the sunbeam, and I’m managed to capture the look of sorrowful put-uponism that only a dog can convey. Even though my sum total of effort was writing GIMME BOOK on some office supplies, there’s too much happening in this photo.
Bore me. Bore me to weeping!
CATEGORY 2: WEIRDEST/CLEVEREST/SWEETEST
Or, you could wow me! Like last year’s winner who made…whatever this is:
I think it’s a seascape of the bottom of a sewage factory at an intellectual property firm. Maybe?
CATEGORY 3: MOST GUT-BUSTINGLY FUNNY
If I laugh, it’s good. If I show it to my husband and anyone else around and they laugh, it’s great! Other than that, the sky’s the limit but please don’t set it on fire that’s where air lives.
- Photos can be emailed to me, or posted/linked to as replies in this blog post.
- By sending images to me, you consent to making these images public. Please don’t include any content you don’t want others to see.
- Multiple entries from a single person or household are fine! Enter as many times as you want, within reason.
- Be sure to clarify which of the three categories each entry goes into.
- Stories explaining (what the hell is going on in) your photo are considered part of the contest entry.
- Deadline to receive photos is December 30th, 2015.
ETA: I’ll pay for shipping on all domestic orders, but international winners will have to pay. Sorry, but it’s more than the cost of the books.