GIMME BOOK! 2014

25 Nov

Hey, did you know that people can be awesome? Since MAKER SPACE was released, readers have been donating copies of the books for a giveaway. I’ve already done a bunch of digital donations, but this holiday season, I’ve got 3 paperback copies of DIGITAL DIVIDE and 6 copies of MAKER SPACE to give out (postage included).

Would you like one? Do you have a camera? Great! Let’s do this!

Write GIMME BOOK! on a piece of paper and take a picture of it. Then post a link to your photos at your own blog (preferred method) in the comments. If you don’t have a blog or have privacy concerns, you can email it to me and I’ll post it anonymously.

There are three categories:

Most Boring Photo

Who needs dynamic or exciting photos? Not us! Those require “time” and “skill”. Your entry should be as dull and mundane as possible. Make us cry with boredom. One copy of MAKER SPACE and one copy of DIGITAL DIVIDE to the winner. One copy of MAKER SPACE to the runner-up.

You can do better than this.

You can do better than this.

Weirdest/Cleverest/Sweetest Photo

So you think you can do better than a boring photo? Prove it! Stick your Post-It in weird places, or on a stack of stuffed ducks reading books of their own, or within a basket of sleeping kittens. One copy of MAKER SPACE and one copy of DIGITAL DIVIDE to the winner. One copy of MAKER SPACE to the runner-up.

You can definitely do better than this.

You can definitely do better than this.

Most Gut-bustingly Funny

You win if you make me laugh harder than anyone else. I don’t care what you do–Heck, if you can draw, make a cartoon! As long as it says GIMME BOOK! somewhere in it, it’s legal. One copy of MAKER SPACE and one copy of DIGITAL DIVIDE to the winner. One copy of MAKER SPACE to the runner-up.

RULES

1. I’m the one who decides who gets what.
  2. You have until midnight EST on Monday, December 8, 2014 to post your photos.
  3. You can have one entry per category, but you can only win in one category. See: Rule 1.
  4. The usual disclaimers (aka: Don’t do anything stupid or dangerous or harmful to yourself or others when taking these photos! Don’t send me pictures of your junk, or your poop, or your dog’s poop…) apply.
  5. You don’t have to use brand-name Post-Its because I’m not getting royalties or nuthin’.

17 Responses to “GIMME BOOK! 2014”

1. Kayla December 2, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Not sure if this one counts as cute or funny, but Kitty the Rabbit decided to… help. http://clockwork.glitterkitten.co.uk/post/104165459809/trying-to-enter-kb-spanglers-gimme-book

2. clockworkkiraela December 2, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

At least Kitty’s giant tribble of a cagemate didn’t eat the post its. part of the couch, yes. http://clockwork.glitterkitten.co.uk/post/104165517329/at-least-peppers-polite-enough-not-to-eat-my-post

3. wetdryvac December 3, 2014 at 9:03 pm #

Once upon a time I was working on bad-idea campaign posters. Now, I’m spending my time working through old artwork, and… well… I had to take a picture of my screen once I located this and stuck a post-it on.

4. Erin O'Kelly December 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm #

How are there not more submissions than this?

• Jordan December 6, 2014 at 3:16 pm #

I love this one!

• Erin O'Kelly December 6, 2014 at 6:05 pm #

Aw, thanks! I put up all the sticky notes, wandered into the other room to post the picture, and then promptly forgot about them until my roommate got home and started going “Book? What book? Am I supposed to be buying you a book? Why are you telling me via sticky note??”

5. Aslansjoy December 6, 2014 at 4:07 am #

Mine is funny due to the extenuating circumstances.

6. Anna December 6, 2014 at 5:17 am #

So boring I didn’t even use capital letters scribble-scribble-scrabble.tumblr.com

7. Naomi December 8, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

I don’t have a blog but I put my picture on deviant art, http://sukamysia.deviantart.com/art/Untitled-499125644. Its not that cute or boring so I guess its for Wierdest 🙂

8. Anonymous December 9, 2014 at 2:17 am #

Hi, I’m just checking in because I think that the point of the contest is to see who is actually reading.

9. Nate December 11, 2014 at 7:11 am #

This is probably too late, but here you go:

10. Anonymous December 6, 2014 at 3:16 am #

p.s. if this doesn’t make you laugh please just pretend I submitted under weird, ‘kay thanks.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks