GREEK KEY sample up on Gumroad!

7 Oct

Greek Key goes live today–the first eleven chapters, at any rate. The cover is gorgeous.

GUMROADcoversample

I found some weirdo wandering around the garden, rambling on and on about moths and salvia. Turns out she’s killer at art.

I offer these free samples via Gumroad for a couple of reasons, the biggest one being that self-published authors are an unknown quantity. We walk around the Internet shouting BUY OUR BOOKS! and readers say WHY? YOU PEOPLE ARE SCARY AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF YOU AND YOU HAVE ZERO QUALITY CONTROL!

Honestly, that’s a very fair response.

So, here’s a big chunk of a book that might help you decide if you want to buy the final product when it goes live at Halloween. It’s a ghost story with monsters and swords. Check it out!

Download the readers’ sample here.

11 Responses to “GREEK KEY sample up on Gumroad!”

1. Fea October 7, 2015 at 4:14 pm #

Got it. Read it. Loved it. Can’t wait for the complete book.

And now I *really* want to see Hope’s biopic starting Anna Kendrick!

2. Anonymous October 7, 2015 at 5:50 pm #

Get the finished product somewhere I can buy it, and take my money already! 🙂
    I won’t be downloading the sampler, because I’ll finish reading it in a couple of hours and be frustrated I won’t be able to actually finish the book.

3. Tindi October 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm #

You know, I was like “Wow that looks like Ursula’s art.” And then I scrolled down and read the caption and laughed. I know I probably saw one or the other of you talking about it before, but September was awful. October is looking up, though.

4. Sean Eric Fagan October 8, 2015 at 5:28 am #

I will, as always, wait until I can buy the whole thing :).

(What a month — new Leckie _and_ a new Spangler!)

5. Mark V October 8, 2015 at 6:30 am #

Can’t wait!

6. Q.D October 8, 2015 at 8:03 am #

Woot for an Ursula cover (I had forgotten till now that I first found you/AGAHF via Digger) and is Greek Key available for pre order yet on Amazon? I know I will buy it, so may as well click the button now 😀

7. Danny in Canada October 8, 2015 at 11:49 am #

speaking of ‘quality control’, there’s a huge gaping flaw in the dedication, where you said “delightfully” instead of “terrifyingly”.

8. Austin Bell October 8, 2015 at 10:16 pm #

Will definitely purchase. Looking forward to 3 weeks from now for the full book.

9. Dane October 10, 2015 at 12:57 am #

Previews are cruel. And/or I’m too weak-willed to avoid them. Finished it, loved it, and now I want it ALL!

O the wait….

10. Nyerguds October 13, 2015 at 10:55 am #

That was amazing. I’ll be buying this in a heartbeat when it’s out.

11. Nyerguds April 18, 2016 at 9:50 pm #

Just wondering… is there any specific reason you don’t use Gumroad for the final distribution? I’ve bought a couple of books from there.