Return of the Joshsmut

12 Jan

Coming in January!

One of the (many) projects I’ve been working on is the Joshsmut. These are eight novellas (30k-40k words in length) that follow national* playboy Josh Glassman as he solves crimes and engages in…well. These are sex romps. An adult sensibility is recommended, and being 18 or over to read them is absolutely required.

The first book, The Russians Came Knocking, was published in 2013. Sales weren’t strong enough to justify the next book in the series. I tabled the project, but added a Joshsmut goal to my Patreon. That goal was reached a while back, and I tried to release these books in a serialized format, but my time is a shark-filled nightmare and serialization fell apart. Still, I’ve kept working on this project. This month, I’m re-releasing The Russians Came Knocking with a new cover, along with the next book in the series, The Dinosaur Heist.

doublecovers

The only significant change to these books will be distribution, as sales will be exclusive to Amazon. I know limiting distribution channels can cause problems for some readers, but Patreons pledging at the $10.50+ levels will receive these books for free when they go to press. I have my reasons for going Amazon-exclusive with these books, but don’t have the mental or emotional energy to discuss this today.**

Any questions?

* Josh would love to be an international playboy, but he’s not allowed to leave the country.

**My dog is dying, I’m a wreck, and I can’t participate in an internet discussion without saying shit I can’t walk back. Please put a pin in this, and I will happily have this discussion another time.

8 Responses to “Return of the Joshsmut”

1. Richard DeLotto January 12, 2019 at 11:57 pm #

Looking forward to them– best of luck with the rest.

2. Jessica January 13, 2019 at 12:43 am #

Pity I can’t buy it; I don’t do business with Spamazon 😦

• Jules January 15, 2019 at 5:34 pm #

Would you consider joining us Patrons? Otter mentioned she’ll send free copies to the 10,50 donors, so you can treat that as a “sort of” purchase fee o:-)
      (Extra kudos if you stick around afterwards, even at a lower level!)

3. pumpkincat January 13, 2019 at 1:35 am #

Yay! Looking forward to it! happy to say that I gave the first Peng novel to a friend for Christmas and she is now both blessing and cursing my name, with intention to infect all her other as-yet uninfected friends by gifting it to them in turn. While Josh might be more appropriate for such a *viral* effect, I have no doubt that one might lead to the other, so to speak.

That got smuttier than I intended. I shake a virtual fist at Josh.

4. Annie V January 13, 2019 at 8:28 pm #

Yay! Only for the Joshsmut, the rest of it gets a solid boo, but I am quite enchanted that you are publishing a nice birthday present for me in this my birthday month! Thank you!

5. nimelennar January 14, 2019 at 3:17 am #

Yay Joshsmut! I’ve been hoping for a sequel to “Russians” since it came out.

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog. Please remember to take care of yourself.

6. Gwenna Finikin January 14, 2019 at 6:34 am #

So sorry about your dog. I hope things go as well as possible.

I always look forward to new work from you.

7. Jules January 15, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

My respect for powering through such awful situations.
    My joy for giving me something to look forward to.
    My sympathy for Dog!